- What Is A Domain Name?
- What Are The Specifications For A Domain Name?
- What Does It Cost To Register A Domain Name?
- When I register a domain name, who will have ownership of it?
- How long does it take before my domain name is active?
- Can I transfer a domain name registered someplace else to Ponca City Web Solutions domain registration service?
- Will there be any downtime in transferring my domain name registration to Ponca City Web Solutions?
- How long does it take for DNS to update?
- Can you host domain names other than .com .net .org .biz .info and .us?
- Can I have additional domain names point to my hosting account?
- Who is ICANN?
- What is Ponca City Web Solutions DNS information?
- Can I access my domain address with or without the "www"?
- Are 3rd level domains available (anyname.mydomain.com)?
- A domain name is a two part web address unique to your specific website. For example, our domain name is poncacityweb.com. While the first part is who you are, the second part, "com", is a TLD, or Top Level Domain. In this case, the "com" stands for commercial.
- While the total length of a domain name may be up to 63 characters, the only characters allowed are letters, digits, and the dash.
- The cost is $25 per year for most top level domains. We'll need your name, address, phone number, fax, and e-mail address to register your site for you.
- When you register a domain name with Ponca City Web Solutions, you will have full ownership of your domain name. This means that you can move your domain name somewhere else or modify it however you want. You have full control over your domain name.
- Once your domain name has been registered (or transferred, if applicable), it usually takes about 12-24 hours to be active. All Internet providers must update their records (DNS tables) to reflect the new site's location.
Can I transfer a domain name registered someplace else to Ponca City Web Solutions domain registration service?
- Yes, it is possible to transfer your domain
registration to Ponca City Web Solutions. To do so you need to
fill out the order form select "Transfer your Existing Domain",
and enter the EPP authorization code. Once you do that we can
proceed to transfer your domain name. Pricing for domain
transfers and renewals varies by domain type (TLD) and may be
seen on our order form. It is generally easier to call
us and allow us to assist you in the transfer.
Important Note: In order to transfer your registration to us you must submit your request to us at least 14 days before your domain name expires at its current registrar. If it's past that date you'll have to renew with the current registrar. Your domain name must be "unlocked" with the current registrar, and you will frequently need a domain transfer code or "EPP or AUTH code".
- There is no downtime associated with transferring your domain name registration to Ponca City Web Solutions. Once the domain is transferred you may wish to change the DNS on your domain to point to our name servers. If you do change your DNS servers, this can introduce downtime of up to 24 hours.
- From the time you change the DNS on your domain name to point to our name servers it will take approximately 12-24 hours for the change to propagate throughout the Internet and become active. During this time your website may be down until the change has fully propagated through the Internet.
- Ponca City Web Solutions can host any domain name.
- Yes, you can have additional domain names point to your current account. All of our hosting plans have the ability to support multiple domains except for the Starter plan. You will have the option to point multiple domains at the same directory (e.g. domain.com and domain.net point to the same place.
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is the non-profit corporation that was formed to assume responsibility for the IP address space allocation, protocol parameter assignment, domain name system management, and root server system management functions previously performed under U.S. Government contract by IANA and other entities.
- The following is Ponca City Web Solutions DNS information. You can use this when
registering a new domain name or modifying an existing domain
Primary Name Server: NS1.poncacity.net/poncacityweb.com
Primary Name Server IP: 22.214.171.124
Secondary Name Server: NS2.poncacity.net/poncacityweb.com
Secondary Name Server IP: 126.96.36.199
- Yes, you will be able to access the domain address with or
without the "www" in front of the domain name.
Example: [http://www.your-name.com] or [http://your-name.com] is acceptable, whichever you prefer.
- Yes, you can use a 3rd level domain name, such as yourname.poncacitywebdesign.com, to use on a new hosting account or with an existing account. The hosting plans are the same as those posted for normal domains; the advantage to these is that no domain registration is needed. This means no domain registration fees!